There were many differences between the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, and the book written by Dorothy Johnson. In the movie they changed many of the characters names, and the name of the town. In the book nobody really liked Rans Foster and he was ungratefull, when in the movie he was a likable guy who was well mannered. they also changed the personality of the owners of the resturant that he worked in.
The characters in the movie were different from what I had in mind except for John Wayne because I knew he was in the movie. I had in magined Rans as a younger man in his twenties instead of late fourties, and I had imagined Hallie as a brunette instead of a blonde. Those characters differed in my imagination. I had imagined Rans to be a little more built, a little less friendly and more manly and rugged. I had imagined Bert Pretty much the same as he was in the movie, except I imagined him to be more hostile with Rans, and to so a little bit more affection towards Hallie. The only thing different that I imagined for Hallie was her hair color, because the girl in the movie was pretty much a babe.
I must say that the version of the story that I liked better was the movie. I liked the movie better mainly because it had John Wayne, but I also enjoyed it because I think it got more in depth into the characters lives. The movie was also more exciting, and had more scenes and parts that i think made for a better storie. It would have been dumb if the movie ended right after Libery was killed like in the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment