Wednesday, September 28, 2011

indian country

In the story Flame on The Frontier Sarah and Mitchell have a love for the indian way of life. I believe that they enjoy this way of life better than the white mans for a few reasons. I think that when living with the indians in large camps they might feel more secure and protected from attack than they would be with just a few men to protect them in the middle of nowere. I also think that they would enjoy the freedom of living with the indians, and having the opportunites to do more activities and such in their free time than they would with a white settler family.
I enjoy reading novels by Dorthey Johnson because she does not romantasize the indian and settler life as much as many other authors, and i like her style of writing. I believe that Dorthey Johnson writes her stories to give you and idea of how difficult life would have been when living on the frontier, and to try to give the reader a in depth look at the life indians and settlers lived on the frontier.

No comments:

Post a Comment